Monday, April 29, 2013

Sponsor Spotlight: Jennifer Beaudet Studios

There's something so mesmerizing about art, isn't there? It can have the power to draw us in and transport us to magical places. Well, friends, Jennifer Beaudet's oil paintings do just that. The artist's Etsy shop is full of her original work, including landscapes, flowers and blank note cards. Beaudet has been an artist for as long as she can remember, and she expresses herself through each of her pieces. Read on to learn about her past experience, shopping advice and why she likes a particular item in her shop! xoxo

Keep in touch...
Official Web site: Jennifer Beaudet Studios
Become a fan on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
Tell me about you and your shop.
I've been an artist for as far back as I can remember. I studied studio art in college, where I earned my AA degree. This was also where I met an amazing landscape pastel artist, who was my mentor. I learned a great deal about color and design from him.

What's the inspiration behind its launch?
Life took me on a different path, being a young mother at 22, and ending up a single mother for many years. Doing it all on my own, I felt it was best to put my dream on hold to support my daughter. Then, when my daughter was almost off to college, I was reading one of my favorite magazines and saw a small article about an entrepreneur who was selling handmade purses on Etsy. I thought, "What have I got to lose? If I don't put it out there, no one will see it!" So, I went online, set up my shop and have been loving it ever since. My art is an expression of my passion for beauty. I’m inspired by color, nature and beautiful scenes. I paint mostly in oils because I find I can’t get the texture and depth of colors I’m after with any other medium. But sometimes, I need a break from them and so will do an occasional watercolor or acrylic piece. While studying in school, most of my classes were watercolor classes, so it’s nice to get back to that. I'm always learning and evolving, exploring new things, and I enjoy sharing each new piece with my viewers. The greatest joy is when someone receives their painting and lets me know how much they love it! I love to hear where they will hang their new painting.

What's your best piece of advice for people looking for great online shopping deals?
I love to shop online and lately have found Pinterest to be a great resource for finding new things, tips and deals. Also, since I’m an Etsy seller, I see a lot of wonderful shops that advertise specials. Following their shop on Facebook is one of the best ways to see what’s new and what deals they have going on. Occasionally, I offer free shipping on my work, which can be a great discount for some of the larger pieces. I’ll advertise this in my Etsy shop, on my Facebook and on my blog. I also can’t forget to mention blogs as another great place to find deals!

What are some ways that people can still decorate for less?
You don’t have to spend a lot of money to decorate your home. A lot of my best pieces of furniture were hand-me-downs. Nothing matches, but somehow everything fits together in an eclectic way. A great place to find larger pieces at a fraction of the original price is at your local consignment store. A meaningful piece of art to hang on your wall may be an investment, but it will last forever and bring life to any room. Art doesn’t have to be expensive to be good and work in your home. A trip to Etsy’s Art category will direct you to a number of fantastic artists selling their original pieces at half as much as they would be if you bought them in a gallery. This doesn’t mean the quality is anything less than what you might find at a high-end gallery; it just means you are paying the artist, and only the artist. It’s a more intimate relationship, and many times you can actually get to know the artist whose work is hanging on your walls. If you’re not ready to invest in an original piece, many artists offer prints that can be grouped together in clusters and make a big statement.
What is your favorite piece in your shop and why?
I have a hard time choosing a favorite piece in my shop. Every piece I create is a part of me and has come from my inner self. One of my favorites right now is a piece I recently completed of Kapalua in Maui. I have a little obsession with the Hawaiian Islands and the Aloha spirit. This piece speaks of my passion while capturing the essence of this magical place.

1 comment:

  1. I love stories like these, where someone just goes for a dream. She is so talented. I'm in love with that print, also.

    Great interview, Melissa.


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin