Monday, May 13, 2013

Sponsor Spotlight: Dreamingleo Designs

I'm excited to share a fun interview today with Rachael, the Maryland-based artist and designer behind Dreamingleo Designs. Rachael's creative mind kicked in at an early age. She had dreams of being an independent career woman, and her grandparents taught her that hard work and perseverance pays off. Read on for the story behind her shop's launch, her take on summer trends and her expert shopping advice! xoxo

Keep in touch...
Official Web site: Dreamingleo Designs
Become a fan on Facebook
What's the inspiration behind its launch?
Well I was born in August and that makes me a Leo. Ever since I was a little child, I've always had big dreams to be an independent career woman. My grandparents instilled in me that hard work and perseverance pays off. They also told me that I could do anything I wanted in my life as long as I set my mind to it. So far, it's worked. That's the beauty behind the first part of DreamingLeo. As far as the "design" part, I am very crafty by nature. I would go into stores wanting a cute necklace or bracelet but not finding anything my style or color. So, 3 years ago, I set to make my own beaded jewelry. I've come a long way since then, and I make a variety of pieces. You'll see in my shop, that I love simple pieces as well as vintage or beaded ones. A lot of my beaded pieces are "One Of A Kind," meaning they will not be made again. I would prefer some pieces to stay original. There's no method to my creativity. :)

What are some trends we're seeing as we move into the summer? What are some of your favorite fashion trends?
For me, the trends for summer are (and always have been) color! I love color, and jewelry with color can make an outfit! I try to pay attention to the Pantone color guides to see what the hottest colors are. I like to tailor my jewelry to either match or complement those colors.

What are some things people should keep in mind when shopping for jewelry?
*Always read feedback/reviews on a shop before you buy.
*Price shop!
*If you see something you like but want a different color, ask the seller! It will never hurt to ask. The worse response you can get is "no."
*Ask for custom pieces -- that way you know it's truly one of a kind. I have had my customers ask me for things they have seen in magazines but know I can make cheaper.
*High prices doesn't always mean high quality.
*If you have any metal sensitivity, ask the sellers what metal their jewelry is made of before you buy.

What are some ways that people can still look chic for less?
I like mixing and matching outfits that are in my closet. I try not to buy new clothes unless I absolutely have to. Even then if I find a shirt I like, I buy it in multiple colors. There are colors and patterns that look great together. I challenge myself to pair two different colors together sometimes, and it works! I'll even pair a patterned shirt with a solid color cardigan or necklace. Sometimes, I even like to make outfits around my jewelry.
What is your favorite piece in your shop and why?
Oh this is a difficult question because I love everything that I make. If I had to choose, it would have to be my gold and orange asymmetrical flower necklace. When I found those beads, I bought every strand that was left. This necklace is one of a kind, and I will not be making another. I fell in love with them and have kept some behind for myself.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that necklace is so pretty, off to check out the shop!


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin