Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Jazz Age Lawn Party

Ever since I read The Great Gatsby in high school, I've been mildly obsessed with the Roaring Twenties. I mean, what's not to love? You've got flappers, great jazz tunes, that free-wheeling, laid-back vibe. And then when I saw the high-octane remake earlier this summer (it's out on DVD today), I fell head-first in love.

Well, I've been daydreaming all morning over these photos of New York's famed Jazz Age Lawn Party. Held twice a year on Governors Island (the last one of the year was held last weekend), everyone comes out in their '20s best for a frolicking good time. Wouldn't it be fun to spend the day there? Everyone gets super into it, so you'd really feel like you stepped back in time! Anybody want to do the Charleston? Check out more photos from this year's festivities on Facebook and Instagram... xoxo

P.S. More Jazz Age fun.

P.P.S. A special call-out for guest posts is coming up soon! Get ready... :)


  1. Oh my goodness, I want to be there! That looks like such a fun time. I too am attracted to that era... I haven't seen the movie yet, but now it's on my to-do list :)

    onebreath @ nowherelife.com

  2. This just looks like too much fun! A coupe glass of champagne and a bobbed wig, here we come!


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin