Monday, August 12, 2013

Wise words from my sister

My sister Janelle is a pretty wise lady. My older-sister-knows-everything attitude tends to forget this sometimes, so it's nice when she reminds me of the value of listening to others. I was going through some emails last week and came across one she sent me in 2010, when I was going through the thick of my battle with depression...

I hope you are having a good day and are feeling at least average. I know things are difficult for you right now but you must find healthy ways to make yourself feel better. What you have been doing doesn't seem to be working for you anymore, so as I've learned, you must change what you normally do if you ever want to see different results.

Isn't that smart advice? It's something to keep in mind even when you're not going through a rough time. Leave it to her to tell it like it is. Thanks, sister! xoxo


  1. Very wise little sister you have!

  2. Wise words indeed- so great to know that you made those changes and came out of the tunnel

  3. i need to remember to take her advice more often! :)

  4. Very wise indeed. I'm an oldest too, but the older I get the more I see how much wisdom my younger sister has to offer me :)


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin