Monday, October 21, 2013

An Open Letter To The View (Or, three reasons I'd Make An Awesome Co-Host)

Dear Barbara, Whoopi and Sherri:
So, ladies, I hear there's a new co-host in town. Well, this isn't new news, I suppose, as said new co-host took her seat around the table last month. Jenny McCarthy is her name, I think. Yes, that's it. Maybe I should preface this letter by saying that I've long been a fan of The View for years, and have always appreciated your honest and open dialogue about the issues of the day. Even if you disagreed with one another (and, of course, there were many times you did...), you've managed to create a community of strong women -- something I've always admired.

Well, word on the street is that there might be a shake-up a-brewing on the set. This distresses me. It distresses me a great deal, actually. Because I believe in the integrity of the show and only have its best interests in mind. So, with that in mind, I'd like to formally throw my hat in the ring as a possible candidate, should you ever be looking to add another seat to the table (bonus: I come with my own seat, so no need to worry about that...). I give you the top three reasons I'd make an awesome co-host. Consider this my formal application for the position...

I'd bring diversity to the panel
Not that you don't already have a wonderfully diverse panel already. But people with disabilities are sorely underrepresented on mainstream television, and you've got a real opportunity. It's important to show people that those with disabilities really are just like everyone else and can do anything we set our minds to. That's a beautiful thing, isn't it? I'd love to share that journey with you, ladies

I'd bring lots of pizazz and personality
Who has more personality than me? I mean, really? I'm bursting with personality -- and yes, sometimes brutal honesty as well -- and I know that's a key trademark of The View. You all have such vibrant personalities, and that is most definitely something to be celebrated. I'll surely keep viewers engaged because, well, I pack a lot of punch in my 4-foot self. It's overwhelming sometimes, I know, but overwhelming in the best way possible. What's better than that?

I'd bring experience in the field
OK, so it's not technically broadcast journalism experience, but I've got a solid journalism degree. And experience? Did I mention all my past experience? Newspapers, magazines, blogs, social media. I've immersed myself in it all and loved every single minute of it. I decided I wanted to be a journalist in high school, and little did I know just how much the field was destined to change over the years. But I think I've done a good job of keeping up with the technology and can't see myself ever doing anything else.
Well, ladies, there you have it. My case. If you're ever looking for a new co-host with red hair, a snazzy red wheelchair to match and a bright colorful personality, I'm your gal. I'm available. Any time. You can count on me. Thank you, and keep doing an awesome job! xoxo

[Photos via We Heart It]


  1. I haven't watched the view in years, but if you were part of the line up I would reconcider. Does this mean we should start a letter writing campaign?

    1. Yes!! A letter writing campaign sounds awesome! Let me find the address! :)

  2. I'm behind and had no idea Jenny McCarthy would be the new co-host. You would be a great co-host and definitely have a great voice and spunk too of course!

    Chic 'n Cheap Living


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin