Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Love Lounge: How long does it take to fall in love?

We've talked about love at first sight and unrequited love, but what about love in the sometimes-overwhelming age of social media? It can seem like it's a veritable jungle out there, but according to new research, that's not stopping couples from falling in love over...

*224 tweets
*163 text messages
*70 Facebook messages
*37 emails
*30 phone calls

That's it. The road to love on social media all mapped out. And, things are actually speeding things up, with new dating rules replacing the rules our parents lived by. For example, the "three-day rule" has been thrown out the window, and now, 68 percent of people are happy to communicate with their new love interest within four hours of a first date.
So maybe I should start tweeting more? Something to think about. What do you think? Has your approach to love and dating changed in the age of Facebook, texting and Twitter? For better or for worse? I'd love to hear! xoxo

[Via Glamour; photos via We Heart It]


  1. What adorable statistics! I confess that John made my heart flutter from the moment I first caught sight of him, but we can never quite figure out when we fell in love!

  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

  3. I met my boyfriend via online dating. We started my emailing and chatting through the site then moved to personal emails then to the phone and finally to our first date in a bout 3 weeks time. I think I definitely fell a little bit in love with him during the internet and phone phase. The second date sealed the deal for me.

  4. Been single for almost a year now and i thought last year my former guy and will get back again sadly it didnt work out the way he wanted it to be. Went back to Philippines and i just let go and moved on until i met matthew last nov 2013 we're kinda in a difficult situation where in he is in australia and im here in philippines but thats not stopping us from getting where we are right now. we're falling for each other and we're going to meet this year!! well hoping things will get better from then on forward. :)


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin