Thursday, October 17, 2013

Re-imagining vintage album covers

Morning confession time: I'm a pretty big trivia person. We're talking big here, friends. I love finding out the little factoids and stories behind things, so I suppose it's no surprise that I find artist Bob Egan's Albums in New York project so fascinating. With the help of Google maps, he's managed to track down exactly where some of the most iconic album covers were shot, and then superimposed the album cover over the present-day location. Bob Dylan's The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan and Highway 61 Revisited are above...
The Who's My Generation
The Beatles' Abbey Road
West Side Story
Simon & Garfunkel's Wednesday Morning, 3AM
Billy Joel's An Innocent Man

Aren't those awesome? It makes me want to go through my entire CD collection (yup, we're talking actual CDs here...) and daydream about all the cool shooting locales! xoxo


  1. This is brilliant. Whoever created this, well, I'm giving that person a standing ovation.

  2. this is SO cool!! :) i esp love the west side story one. xo jillian - cornflake dreams


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin