Thursday, November 14, 2013

So About What I Said's first five years: Highlight-reel style!

Well, friends, in the words of Mary Tyler looks like we made it after all. So About What I Said is officially five years old today! Yes, that's right. Break out the balloons! Cue the sappy '80s power ballads! Start pouring that root beer! This baby's come a long way. Let's first look at the last five years by the numbers...

*Five years
*60 months
*260 weeks
*1,825 days
*3,865 posts
*3,230 GFC followers
*2,039 Twitter followers
*20,839 tweets
*1,152 Pinterest followers
*453 Facebook followers
*48 Instagram followers

And this morning, I was looking back through the archives, and I couldn't help but smile when I came across some of the awesome posts that I'd forgotten about...
Like all those baby-fever posts, including this animal nursery, this hysterical baby video, favorite baby names and popular names by state.
Beauty bonanzas, like this lipstick how-to, ombre lips, summer nail trends, the beauty of freckles and holiday nails and pastel nails.
Open Letters, like My Letter To Valentine's Day, wannabe hipsters, jealousy, younger guys, first crushes, temptation, my depression, the Class of 2012, Seventeen magazine, Marissa Mayer, my father, The View and to myself.
Letters To My Future Husband, where I daydreamed about things like the wedding proposal, the big disability talk, that moment, my making the first move, important questions and my hospital fantasy.
We mused about Love Lounge topics like those little lies we tell ourselves, before-marriage questions, relationship must-haves, romantic gestures, being single, our love of fictional characters, the Mrs. Robinson stigma, wacky dating advice, virginityregrets and the quarter-life crisis.
I schooled those silly boys in MEMOS TO MEN, including feeling those sparks, frustrations of the friend zone, types of dating, evil cheating, marriage mistakes and the Don Draper Syndrome.
Gorgeous weddings, like this Mad Men wedding, mugshot wedding, beautiful civil unions, the Royal Wedding, country fair wedding, treehouse wedding and a Bohemian wedding.
I explored my ever-growing (and somewhat unexpected!) love of fashion, like colorful slippers, funny tees, Children With Swag, dresses and my love of polo shirts.
Great design inspiration, like color-coded flowers, illustrated lunch bags, vintage save-the-dates, Web site made of chocolatefairytale posters and brass animal figurines.
Dream Home inspiration, like world map wallpaper, space bedroom, indoor swings and barn-style bedrooms.
And, of course, some Dream Vacation inspiration, such as glamping, Tunnel of Lights, reading hotels and clifftop towns.
A whole heaping helping of good food, like triple chocolate brownies, banana bread bars, mac 'n cheese cups and my grandma's famous almond cookies.
We got to meet some amazing sponsors and shop owners, like Julie Ann Art, Delezhen, Twenty Pages, Lilac Bijoux, Radiant Cosmetics, KOKOON and Umba Box (thanks to all my amazing sponsors and for supporting the sponsors that help make So About What I Said possible!)
And, finally, what's always been at the heart of all our discussions and my writings: My disability. Posts such as my disability top ten, disability debate, storyboarding my life, dating and disabilities, disability bingo, my guest post for Glamour magazine and why disabled women can be sexy.

Whew! What a full five year! You can catch up on any posts you may have missed here, and one last thing...

THANK YOU, FRIENDS!!!! This blog wouldn't be where it is today without your love, support and encouragement. Heck, I doubt I'd be where I am today without your awesome influence in my life. I love you all so much and just want to invite you all to a huge dance party. Let's have an e-party, shall we? Thanks again, and here's to five more amazing years!! xoxo


  1. yahhh i love this post! so many great memories! happy bloverversary! xo

  2. How fantastic! Congratulations on 5 years! I really loved that you took us back through all of your great posts and memories!


  3. 5 years! cheers to many more. congrats!

    it's been a while bc i am a bad blogger right now, but your site looks beautiful!

  4. Wooooo Happy Blogiversary!!! I have enjoyed following along :) xoxo

  5. Thanks so much, friends! It was really fun looking back through old posts...some of my early ones were real doozies! :)

  6. I'm trying to remember when I started following, I can't even remember how I came across your blog, and I think it was while I was surfing the web after I got engaged. So it had to have been in either 2009 or 2010. Now I check in every day. My two year old loves watching your videos with me. :)

  7. wow. so many wonderful posts and memories. this blog must be a treasure to you. and your readers. literally a treasure box!

  8. Congrats on your 5th anniversary. Your walk down memory lane was a great one.

  9. Congratulations on your blogiversary! I admire your writing style and positive spirit very much.


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin