Friday, November 08, 2013

Sponsor Spotlight: Obo Creations

I may be known for my brightly colored polo shirts, but never let it be said that I don't understand and appreciate the wonders of understated jewelry. As the saying goes, "Less is more." But Olya from Etsy shop Obo Creations manages to do both with her colorful yet delicate necklaces, earrings, rings and bracelets. She paints her vibrantly colored pieces by hand in her Switzerland-based studio. Read on for the history of her shop, her favorite trends and a special discount code for So About What I Said readers! xoxo

Keep in touch...
Official Web site: Obo Creations
Become a fan on Facebook
Tell me a bit about your shop. What's the inspiration behind its launch?
The story of my shop is the story of discovering one's self. I never considered myself even remotely artistic or studied jewelry making or painting until a few years back. I discovered that I find great joy in painting. My first object that I turned into a bright colorful piece was an Easter egg. Beads followed shortly, and once I discovered the technique and material that you see on all my pieces, I could not stop anymore. Everything I saw, I wanted to paint in bold, bright colors! I discovered a talent I never thought I had, and most importantly, made my own life full of colors and joy.

What are some trends we're seeing this the fall? What are some of your favorite fashion trends?
This fall comes in spectacular color shades of terracotta orange, teal, hunting green and curry yellow. You can find them in my shop, and I am creating a few new items right now.

What are some things people should keep in mind when shopping for jewelry?
I would recommend everyone to shop on Etsy. There are so many talented artist there, and you can buy something truly unique that has a soul. This is so different from mass-produced items.

What are some ways that people can still look chic for less?
Buy handmade -- you buy directly from the producer, and most artists are offering very reasonable prices for what they make.
What is your favorite piece in your shop and why?
These earrings are my latest creations. They are nicknamed eyelashes, and I find them to be the cutest piece I have.

*Special offer for So About What I Said readers: Get 15% off your order! Just enter the code melissa at checkout! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin