Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Family Photos: The holidays are officially here!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around the lovely Midwest. We had our first snow last week, and it wasn't that wimpy kind of snow, either. It was the fluffy white kind that actually sticks to the ground, teasing us of the season of winter wonderlands to come. Over the weekend, in addition to all of our turkey fun, we also got in the holiday spirit. My job? Picture taker, naturally...
Tunes to get us going...

Surprisingly, we are pretty organized with our holiday gear, keeping everything in a couple large bins. My mom and sister used all of their strength to haul everything up from the depths of our basement (and of course, Harry was so interested in what was going on!)...
You know it's really on when the lights come out -- they've always been my favorite part. When my sister and I were growing up, we'd make a path with the lights across our entire living room, and then pretend we were models walking on the catwalk...
I loved seeing the tree begin to take shape...
Janelle said I couldn't take her picture (I just don't understand people who don't like to have their photo taken...), so I was all sneaky and snapped a pic of her behind the tree...
And, the holidays are officially here!
My mom's project was our entry way. She stringed pretty fairy lights around the window, which are so gorgeous at night. The Santa on the wall was passed down from my grandparents. Growing up, I could always count on Santa hanging in their living room on Christmas morning.

And to keep us warm? Nothing says winter like an electric fireplace! Harry has the best seat in the house, don't you think?

Have you decorated for the holidays yet, friends? Any fun decorating traditions you have in your family? Any fun childhood memories? Do you go all-out or just put up a few decorations? Let's chat! xoxo


  1. Your decorations look lovely!! :) This reminds me, I need to decorate more!

  2. Everything looks great! We decorated on Sunday...as a kid we always went out to a tree farm and cut down our tree, then we brought it home decorated it while watching White Christmas and eating special snacks. We do the same thing now with Avery, only we were watching football instead of White Christmas. But we'll end up watching that movie like 30 times, so no biggie! : )


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin