Monday, December 09, 2013

Sponsor Spotlight:

I'm always shocked to learn of the hefty price tag that comes with even the most basic of wedding dresses. It's easy to see how the dress could quickly become the most expensive wedding accessory. And in an age where brides-to-be are all about savings, I love the idea behind Think of it as the eBay of the wedding world, a hub that connects buyers and sellers of new sample and used wedding dresses. With nearly 20,000 new sample and used designer wedding dresses at all price points, there is something for every bride, says Josie, who founded the site in 2004. Read on for her take on winter wedding trends and what brides should keep in mind when shopping for their all-important dress! xoxo

Keep in touch...
Official Web site:
Become a fan on Facebook
Follow on Twitter

Get inspired on Pinterest
Tell me about the history of Pre-Owned Wedding Dresses. What's the inspiration behind its launch?
I started in 2004 when I tried, unsuccessfully, to sell my own designer gown. I decided I'd create a better way to buy and sell wedding gowns based on my own frustrations with the process. I started and sold my gown five months later.

What's the response been like? Why do you think brides love it so much?
The response has been overwhelmingly positive. I started the site to sell my own gown, but quickly realized that there was a definite need for brides to find their dream dress for less, and for past brides to share their gowns instead of keeping them in a closet.

What wedding trends are looking to be popular this winter?
One of the most enduring recent trends is lace (thanks to Kate Middleton). Lace is still very on trend. Especially lace sleeves (again, thanks to Kate). Vera Wang's latest collection featured all pink wedding gowns. Pink and the use of color is trending and very popular with brides who want to really personalize their wedding-day look.

What should brides keep in my during their dress hunt?
When looking for a dress, brides should really keep two things in mind...

1). Their personal style
2). Their budget.

A wedding dress is a great way to express yourself and make a statement. Romantic, glamorous, whimsical, traditional, fashion-forward are just a few of the styles a bride can express through her dress. Knowing how she wants to look will help guide the dress search. The budget is the second biggest factor to keep in mind. It's easy to fall in love with a dress that is outside of your budget. Don't tempt yourself by trying it on; it's just asking for disappointment. And there's definitely a dress for every bride -- within her budget.
Anything else you think my readers should know?
The most surprising thing to me is how many brides tell me they are selling their wedding dress not for the money, but because they love their dress so much they want to share it with another bride. What could be better than getting a beautiful dress, at a fraction of the retail price, with some good karma and happy memories already behind it? :)

[Dress by Melissa Sweet Fern on PreOwnedWeddingDress]

1 comment:

  1. Thanks nice website. now a days wedding ceremony do not gorgeous without pretty wedding dress. i know a good site whose provide various type type wedding dress.if you want please contact below site.


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin