Friday, January 03, 2014

Have a fun weekend

Happy first Friday of 2014, friends! How did you ring in the new year? As predicted, I didn't make it anywhere close to midnight, but I figure I've got 365 days to enjoy the year, so why cram all the fun in one night? As I mentioned in today's Diary Reading, I've really been enjoying the holiday break these last couple weeks and am pumped and energized to get back to our regular posting schedule next week. Any topic in particular that you'd like to see me write about? Just let me know! Also, as I mentioned on Twitter today, I'd love to feature more of your wonderful blogs in the Behind The Blog series, so feel free to email me about that, too, if you'd like to be interviewed and featured on So About What I Said. In the meantime, I hope you all have a great weekend, and here are my favorite finds from the wonderful Web...

The most spectacular abandoned places in the world.

50 best movies for kids.

Awesome wallpaper (via Poppytalk).

How cool are these vintage bikes?

SO much vintage goodness in this Etsy shop.

..and a pretty vintage-inspired shoot.

8 ways to be more positive in 2014.

Stop saying these if you're over 30.

The most annoying words of the year...what do you think?

I love this ode to One Direction.

DIY constellation coasters.

Such an inspiring Open Letter To My Body.

Strike a's Dog Vogue!

How hilarious are these epic photobombs?

One woman documents what it's really like to be 35 and single.

Have you ever wanted to put a message in a bottle and toss it in the ocean? This story makes me want to!

Inspiration for the new year: 26 random acts of kindness.

This woman survived on only Starbucks...for an entire year!

Awww, Prince William is such a gentleman.

Chocolate chip layer cake? Oh, yes, please!!

And as always, feel free to connect with me on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and now YouTube! See you there, friends! xoxo

[Photo via bippity boppity boo]


  1. Found your blog from themilitantbaker. Love it! Just wanted to stop by and tell you I think you're awesome! Happy New Year, and hope you're smiling! :)

  2. Hope your first weekend of 2014 too! We fell asleep before midnight on New Years Eve too


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin