Thursday, January 02, 2014

In The Pursuit of Happiness: Mister Rogers on love

When I was probably four or five years old, I remember writing to Mister Rogers (full disclosure: I was sort of a Mister Rogers groupie back in the day...) and telling him all about my surgeries. My little heart swelled when he actually wrote me back. It was a personal letter to me, and when you're four years old, that's a very big deal. We still have that letter tucked away somewhere, and I couldn't help but think the world lost one of its truest role models when Mister Rogers died in 2003.

I came across one of his many amazing quotes this morning, and found myself nodding enthusiastically in agreement. On love, he says...
YES! Exactly. Isn't this what we all want? To be loved without judgment and for who we are -- not for who we could be or for who someone wants us to be. It's so refreshing when love is stripped down to just this, isn't it, friends? What are your favorite Mister Rogers quotes? Were you a big fan growing up? xoxo

P.S. Remember this Mister Rogers documentary?

[Via Mashable]


  1. getting a personal letter from mister rogers at any age is amazing! that is so so cool!

  2. I mourn the fact that I never watched him as a child. I found out that one PBS station shows him Saturday mornings. I so love watching him with my toddler.

    PBS also has Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, which is a cartoon based off of Mister Rogers' character. It's sweet in that it teaches the same principles he did, but it's not quite the same.

  3. such a good quote! i grew up watching mister rogers every day. i loved his cardigans. :)

  4. The Financial Times found that the thing that brought people the most amount of happiness was the quality of the relationships we had with other people. The connection with other human beings is the thing that undoubtedly makes us the most happy and we need to take every measure we can to try and improve relationships between us. There is an app on the internet called the Y55 happiness trainer that has been designed specifically to help people improve there levels of happiness and it can be viewed on the following link:


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin