Wednesday, January 29, 2014

In The Pursuit of Happiness: Oprah on turning 60...

Everyone's favorite talk show host is celebrating her 60th birthday today! I've always admired Oprah for her strength, determination and sheer fierceness. She's powerful, isn't she?!?!? She opened up about her milestone birthday in the January issue of O, The Oprah Magazine...

Sixty. I'm turning 60 this month! I'm so glad I've lived long enough to say those words and celebrate their meaning. I'm turning 60. I'm alive. Healthy. Strong. I no longer have to be concerned about what anyone thinks of me! (You know, the old Am I doing it right? Am I saying it right? Am I being what or who I'm "supposed" to be?). I'm turning 60, and I've earned the right to be just as I am. I'm more secure in being myself than I've ever been.
How refreshing is that? To feel completely free to be who you are, say what you feel and live life on your terms, no apologies. Good for you, Oprah, and thanks for being a role model for all of us! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. wow - I had no idea Oprah was 60 ! She is so full of life that it proves - age is just a number :)


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin