Wednesday, February 05, 2014
My 10 favorite Beatles songs
Those four lads from Liverpool? They had something to say. And young people were more than ready to listen with open hearts.
Just like the albums, everyone has their favorite Beatles song -- and usually, they're extremely passionate about their choice. That just goes to show you the level of emotion that a simple Lennon-McCartney song can elicit. Powerful? Yes. Heart-wrenching? Absolutely.
With that in mind -- and because I hate having to narrow my choices down -- here are my 10 favorite Beatles song, in no particular order...
1. Yesterday: Somber, reflective, heart-tugging
2. Something: One of the most romantic songs ever written, hands down
3. I Want To Hold Your Hand: Such a wonderfully innocent look at young love
4. There's A Place: A fun ditty to sing along to
5. In My Life: One of those rare songs that's both sad and uplifting at the same time
6. All You Need Is Love: The perfect anthem for the '60s
7. Strawberry Fields Forever: Because isn't everyone looking for their own Strawberry Fields?
8. Hey, Jude: A Beatles staple
9. The Long and Winding Road: Makes me think about my own life every time
10. Let It Be: The Beatles' lasting message
[Photos via We Heart It]