Monday, March 17, 2014

Women's History Month: Susan B. Anthony on independence

As I mentioned earlier, I thought it would be fun to do a mini series this week in honor of Women's History Month. I might be a bit biased, but we women are pretty darn amazing. We're revolutionary. We're fighters. We're dreamers. The Smithsonian is celebrating the wonders of women all month long, and every day this week, I'll be sharing one of my heroes! Ready for some inspiration?

I've always been in awe of Susan B. Anthony. As a champion of civil rights and women's suffrage, she dedicated her life to fighting for women's rights, especially their right to vote. She spoke of the sheer importance of independence, saying...

"I think the girl who is able to earn her own living and pay her own way should be as happy as anybody on Earth. The sense of independence and security is very sweet."
How very sweet indeed, friends! Do you have a favorite quote from Susan B. Anthony? Feel free to share it in the comments! xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Such a fantastic quote from Ms Anthony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Thank you for this inspiring series. I adore that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smart lady ! I remember learning about her in a 3rd grade book report........ thanks to women like Susan B Anthony our possibilities as women are endless. We can be anything we dream to be :)

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin