Wednesday, April 30, 2014

In The Pursuit of Happiness: Diane Keaton on marriage

It seems like the world over is a-gaga (is that even a word...?) over serial dater George Clooney's recent engagement announcement. OK, so even my jaw may have moved a little bit closer to the floor when I heard that piece of news. But what I'm more excited about?

Diane Keaton's views on marriage. The actress spoke to PEOPLE about why she's never married, and she was refreshingly candid on the subject...
"I had some insane idea that I had to be 'in love.' Now I see what it really takes: real consideration that you're a good team together."
What a great role model. I love how she's so realistic about the whole thing. Sure, we all love a good fairy tale -- you all know I do -- but there's most definitely something to be said for having a good romantic head on your shoulders and being practical too. Talk about aging gracefully! Thanks, Ms. Keaton! xoxo
P.S. I also love her thoughts on Abraham Lincoln: "He was so romantic! Kind of hideous but not." :)

[Top photos from Something's Gotta Give, one of my favorite Diane Keaton movies]

1 comment:

  1. What a rad person she is. I always think of her as tall, perhaps because of the dramatic, K. Hepburn–style trousers. But that last picture makes her look so miniature! And I kind of love that. Thanks for the post!


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin