Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Family Photos: On a cat and a quilt

A few months ago, my Aunt Barb, who made us the amazing photo albums after my father died, asked for my favorite color. Pink, of course, I replied. She was making me a quilt, she told me. She and her sister, my Aunt Wendy, are two of the most talented quilt makers I have ever met in my entire life. They work their magic and the result is a work of art.

Well, I received a big box in the mail two weeks ago, and what should be inside? My own Aunt Barb original. I felt a huge smile cross my face as we opened the package. It's the most beautiful quilt I've ever seen. And apparently, Harry loves it too. It immediately became their hangout during the day. I'll be working at the table, look over and see one of them snoozing -- and sometimes snoring -- in the soft quilt.
Thank you, Aunt Barb, for such a special gift. I'll think of you every time I use it! What special, handmade gifts do you treasure? Who gave them to you? Who have you give special gifts to? xoxo


  1. This is such an amazing gift! And how cute does your cat look all cozy on it!

  2. What a gorgeous quilt! And Harry...such an adorable kitty!!


  3. What a beautiful and special present! It's good that everyone in the house loves it too!

    little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living

  4. awww, thanks, erika! we're pretty fond of the little guy!

  5. What an amazing gift ! It is just beautiful !


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin