Thursday, May 08, 2014

Ms. Bear's Kitchen: Sloppy tots!

Sloppy Tots?? What the heck was that, we wondered?

We stumbled upon this week's recipe in a flyer from our local Hy-Vee grocery store. It's also been going kind of viral on Facebook lately, so we figured we'd better give it a try.
Here's the actual recipe...


But I was in a hurry and modified it by using just the tater tots, onion, hamburger and a can of Manwich. I also cut the recipe way down and put it in an 8x8 pan, and we still have enough for another night!

Sloppy joes have always been a favorite of mine; in fact, we had them at lunch before my wedding. This is an interesting take on the typical sloppy joe, that's for sure!


We had them with a salad, veggies, green beans and some mixed fruit. We also had a cookie for dessert....we had a few of my mom's classic almond cookies left over from a dessert auction at church. She would have been so proud because two boxes of my cookies brought in $195 for our fund-raising gala at church! Fun weekend.
And of course, to complete the meal, we watched our new favorite show! Patty Hewes, anyone??

Enjoy them, but don't be sloppy when you eat them!!!! Until next time.....

4 comments:

  1. tator tots?! im in!
    these look SO good!
    xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good...might give it a try. Do you have a macaroni salad recipe coming up any time soon? Melissa has mentioned that you make a very good macaroni salad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pat -- thanks for reminding me!! I'll be sure to tell my mom. Also, did you see my comment about you winning the flower photo giveaway? Shoot me an email -- mellow1422 (at) aol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so yummy !! Dinner at Mrs Bears house always looks so delicious !! ox

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin