Monday, June 23, 2014

Family Photos: A summer day at my alma mater

Remember when I announced the beginning of my official unofficial summer last week? Well, I also kicked off the season with a little trip to my old stomping ground: My alma mater. I graduated college in 2005 (That's nearly 10 years ago...YIKES!), and I always enjoy going back to campus from time to time. In fact, I've developed quite the little ritual over the last decade...
It must be the writer in me, but I love going to the quiet library to get lots of work done -- don't you love the smell of a library?
I love the tallest building on campus -- a building so tall that you've got a picture-perfect view of the Heartland from the top floor.

Even the view from the top of said library is beautiful, though I'm not sure the lighting in these photos can do it justice!
I always go to my favorite cafeteria on campus for lunch and enjoy a delicious taco salad.
It was my mom's last day of school, and she was on a field trip to the campus bowling alley, so I stopped by to say hello. Pool shark, anyone?
And of course, I have to slip a random photo in here: Nothing like mailing a freelance form to make you feel like a big girl.

Do you ever take a trip back to your old haunts? Do you feel like a different person? How have you changed? Or have you changed at all? Let's chat, friends! xoxo

5 comments:

  1. The political situation in the country of my birth has meant that I can never return. Sometimes I miss it so much that it physically hurts. You're lucky. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did this about a year ago. I had a dentist appointment about 2o blocks from my old school so I decided to walk down to my old campus at 68th and Lexington. It was weird to see it again after so long.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun .. I love to read about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome Allie - it makes you feel like you've stepped back in time, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin