Monday, June 09, 2014

Sponsor Spotlight: C. Alexandria

Confession: Passionate people are my favorite kind of people. They inspire everyone around them with their fierce determination and go-get-'em attitude. They're determined to make their dreams come true and won't let anything stand in their way. Well, Cire is most definitely one of those passionate people. Two years ago, the Wisconsin-based artist quit her full-time job as an interior designer to pursue something she'd loved since she was a young girl: Jewelry making. The result is C. Alexandria, the Etsy shop full of her handmade creations -- think simple statement pieces, rings and earrings. Cire works with everything from new and found metals to genuine stones. Read on for her style tips and what you should keep in mind when shopping for jewelry! xoxo

Keep in touch...
Official Web site: C. Alexandria
Become a fan on Facebook
Follow on Twitter

Get inspired on Pinterest
Tell me a bit about your shop. What's the inspiration behind its launch?
My shop was started as a creative outlet; I had been making jewelry since I was 16 and throughout college. My friend turned me onto Etsy, and I feel in love with the idea of maybe jewelry becoming my full time job. So two years ago, I quit my job as a full-time interior designer to pursue this dream!

What are some trends we're seeing as we move into the summer? What are some of your favorite fashion trends?
I think white is a big trend for summer. I translate that into clear quartz and light colors mixed with metals in my jewelry line. I really like the idea of the long simple necklace you can throw on effortlessly with any outfit, day or night. Summer is also time of light-weight clothing, so I try and make my jewelry easy to wear, light-weight and not fussy.

What are some things people should keep in mind when shopping for jewelry?
Invest in pieces that you will get a lot of wear out of, something that you LOVE and you could see your self wearing with a lot in your closet. I also think investing in one or two statement pieces is a good idea as well. You can never underestimate the value of an eye catcher!

What are some ways that people can still look chic for less?
Use what you have in your closet and come up with new and different ways to combine colors, patterns and textures. Spending a few dollars on accessories to keep up with trends and keep your style looking fresh will save you money in the long run. I like to spend my money wisely on jewelry, of course, but shoes, belts, hats and scarves can also finish a chic look for less than buying an entire new outfit.

What is your favorite piece in your shop and why?
My favorite piece right now is my Ancient Ruin Symbol necklace -- the Open Circle. I wear it all the time with everything! It's my favorite because I am a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl, and I work a lot in the studio, so as much as I love big, bold jewelry, this I can wear every day; it looks chic and doesn't get in the way of my torch! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin