Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Wise Words From Readers: On childhood career fantasies...

Last week, we talked about our favorite teachers, and today? Well, it's all about those dream jobs we had as kids. You know, what we'd say any time someone asked us that daunting ten-word question: What do you want to be when you grow up? Childhood is such a magical time, where anything is possible. You can be anything you want to be, live anywhere your little inner traveler heart desires -- there is nothing stopping you or your imagination. Sometimes, we changed our "future job" like we changed our Halloween costume every year, but that was OK because it was all part of the exploration process. Judging by your picks, you all did quite a bit of exploring back then...

*Meteorologist. Specifically, wind patterns.

*Astronaut. I really wanted to go to space. And the Moon. And Mars.

*ER nurse.

*Paleontologist just because I thought it was a cool word. I had no idea what it actually was at the time.

*Animator.

*Retired.

*I wanted to work at McDonald's.

*I wanted to be a janitor for a time.

*Pop singer married to Mickey Dolenz.
I loooved reading your picks and found myself nodding in agreement to quite a few of them. YES for girls wanting to be astronauts! And, in the name of complete honesty, I once had grand dreams of being a pop singer, only I wanted to marry one of the Osmond brothers (I think it was Merrill...) or Justin Timberlake. You know, the usual suspects. Here's next week's question...

If you could give the next generation one piece of advice, what would it be?

Visit So About What I Said on Facebook and Twitter to share your smarts -- and don't forget to use hashtag #WiseWordsFromReaders. See you there, friends! :)

[Photos via We Heart It]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin