Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Wise Words From Readers: On overcoming fear...

Fear. Four letters. A million different meanings. It can motivate us and it can render us paralyzed with, well, fear. It's one of those emotionally charged words that never fails to move us in some way -- at least that's how it is for me. And it looks like you agreed with me, friends, and weren't shy about sharing your biggest fear...

*I fear hurting people. I have certainly not overcome that fear.

*My greatest fear is not living an authentic life and not being true to myself. It's terrifying and really hard...but so worth it.
Not being true to myself is something I do worry about -- sometimes more than others -- and I think it's helpful to make a point to "check in" with yourself every now and then. And of course, I fear losing those closest to me. I don't like to admit it, but I do worry about it every single day. I've learned over the years that that sort of fear is just a side effect of losing a loved one to suicide and it's something you have to learn to live with and integrate into your everyday life. If anything, I think this fear has pushed me to never take my family for granted and cherish the moments we spend together. And with that idea in mind, here's next week's question...

What do you love most about your family and why?

Visit So About What I Said on Facebook and Twitter to share your smarts -- and don't forget to use hashtag #WiseWordsFromReaders. See you there, friends! :)

[Photos via We Heart It]

4 comments:

  1. This is an interesting post. What I love about my family, is that they accept me for who I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm. I love that even if my family and I aren't on the best terms we're still FAMILY and we can count on each other.

    Of course, since getting married I have a whole new family. So it'll be interesting to see where they fit in...

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO true, Spangle and Krysten! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what I love most about my family is we can be totally ourselves - watch funny shows on tv, reminisce, etc. My family was over the other day and there was a thunder storm. Our terrior is 14 and terrified of storms. The entire family who was here piled in to the "safe room" (no windows in basement to muffle thunder noise) and we sat with George. Luckily we have tv in the safe room to keep us distracted until the storm passed and our sweet pup was distracted b/c there were so many ppl in a small room! Haha

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin