Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Wise Words From Readers: On the ultimate summer songs...

Ahhh, summertime! It's the most relaxed time of the year. And, not surprisingly, it's also the season with the catchiest tunes! Everything from the laid-back '70s vibe to a certain brunette from Canada who wanted us to call her, summer jams are those songs that wedge their way into your consciousness and stay there -- forever. Again this week, you had the right idea, as usual, with your picks...

*Afternoon Delight. Love it in the spring when the weather starts to warm up.

*All Summer Long by Kid Rock. You can't help but smile and clap and think of sunny times with that song...even in the winter!! And for some reason, it takes you back to when you were a teenager!! Makes ya feel young!! Wahoo!!

*See You in September by The Happenings

*Time For A Cool Change (Little River Band, I think)
Oh, yes! These picks just make me want to chill out on the grass with my old-fashioned headphones (yup, headphone, because I'm just cool like that...) and stare up at the clouds all day! One addition to this list, though: The Stand By Me soundtrack. Every track reminds me of breezy summers spent running around and exploring life as a youngster. Anyway, here's next week's question...

What's your greatest fear and why? Have you worked to overcome it? Any tips for overcoming your fears?

Visit So About What I Said on Facebook and Twitter to share your smarts -- and don't forget to use hashtag #WiseWordsFromReaders. See you there, friends! :)

[Photos via We Heart It]


  1. I haven't seen Stand By Me in years! I feel like I'd like the soundtrack, I should check it out!

  2. Stand by Me was classic ! I'm a reality show junkie- a while back..Corey and his then-wife had a reality show! PS- heard another great summer song tonight on the way home "Something Like That" by Tim McGraw -hunky country crooner !! Another feel-good-summer-song! xox


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin