Tuesday, July 01, 2014

On The Frisky: 5 lessons about life after college

Exciting news, friends: I've written a new essay for The Frisky today! I can't believe it's been almost an entire decade since I graduated college -- I know what you're thinking, "She doesn't look a day over 22..." But it's true. I'm an older and wiser lady these days. Still, it would have been nice to have a little life advice to go along with my diploma. So in the name of continuing education, here's an excerpt of the 5 Things I Wish Someone Had Told Me About Life After College...
1. You haven’t really figured out life yet: No, no, stop shaking your head at me. I know you think you’ve got it all figured out, but you really don’t. So you took intro to philosophy and wrote investigative articles for your college newspaper? That’s all well and good, but let me be the first of many to break it to you: You’ve still got a heck of a lot to learn. About life. About love. About the ins and outs of your checking account. I’d even be willing to bet that life is something you never truly figure out because it’s always changing. Instead, I’ve found, it’s all about learning to roll with the punches. 
2. You have to laugh as much as you can along the way: Be clear: Life can get incredibly messy. It can explode and feel overwhelming. Just when you find yourself sobbing on your best friend’s shoulder, try something a little radical: Laugh. I know it sounds crazy, but as I’ve been saying a lot lately, “if you don’t laugh, you cry.” And who wants to go through life crying?
You can read the rest of the essay here. What do you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts! xoxo

P.S. Read my other pieces on The Frisky hereherehereherehere and here. Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin