Monday, July 21, 2014

Sponsor Spotlight: Olive Yew

One of my favorite things about summer fashion is the dainty, delicate vibe when it comes to jewelry. There's just something about the laid-back beauty of summer that really makes a statement when it comes to some summer trends. One of my new favorite examples? Olive Yew, the North Carolina-based jewelry line from designer Angela Parker-Kennedy. Angela is inspired by the stylish women from her childhood and a never-ending fascination with jewelry. Her pieces, she says, embrace a design that is as timeless as it is versatile -- everything from necklaces to bracelets to rose gold rings to earrings! Read on for more of Angela's inspirations and her tips for finding good deals online! xoxo

Keep in touch...
Official Web site: Olive Yew
Become a fan on Facebook
Follow on Twitter

Get inspired on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Tell me about Olive Yew. What's the inspiration behind its launch?
I always like simple, petite jewelry (and things in general), so it made sense to me to focus on petite jewelry when I began learning how to make it. I was phasing out of a contract position in corporate and I just couldn’t fathom going back into a cubicle environment. I decided to take a local jewelry making class and really enjoyed it. I’ve always made stuff and I majored in art in college. I didn’t expect this to take off the way is has, but I was pleasantly surprised. Olive Yew has allowed me to remain out of a cubicle since 2011.

Your shop features so many inspiring finds. What inspires you the most?
I get inspired by the smallest things and sometimes it comes from seemingly nowhere. I always try to boil everything down to simplicity. I can let a design get a little crazy, sleep on it and strip it down to the basics...but it’s way easier when I know when to stop.

What are your top tips for shopping online and finding great deals?

1. Google is your friend. I Google almost every item I purchase online to make sure it’s not on sale somewhere else.
2. Check shipping costs too. I hate finding a lower price only to find out that I have to pay a ton in shipping or that I have to pay shipping per piece. At Olive Yew, we have a flat fee for shipping no matter how many items you purchase, and we offer free shipping days often (and promote them on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr & Facebook).

What are some of your favorite fashion and jewelry trends this summer?
I love the orange and florals this season. I also appreciate that heels are getting thicker so I can walk in a pair! As far as jewelry, I prefer timeless pieces over trends.
What is your favorite piece in your shop and why?
This changes often, but right now, my favorite piece is our name bracelet. It works so well with numbers, letters, Roman numerals or symbols. It’s really the perfectly personalized piece.

4 comments:

  1. I love dainty bracelets, specially when I stack them with a nice watch

    http://girlynote.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Melissa! It's such an honor to be featured! (so glad you like my shop too Jillian!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pleasure is all mine, Angela!

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin