Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Wise Words From Readers: On family...

Oh, family! Such an amazing force. They're there when you need them -- and sometimes, when you just want to be alone. They're the people you can always count on to come through for you when it matters most. And when you think about it, family is no longer just defined by blood. A family is literally what you make it -- your friends, your partner, your coworkers, even your book club. And when it comes to the power of family, you gave them pretty rave reviews, friends...


*What I love about my family is that they accept me for who I am.

*Hmm. I love that even if my family and I aren't on the best terms, we're still FAMILY and we can count on each other. Of course, since getting married, I have a whole new family. So it'll be interesting to see where they fit in...

*What I love most about my family is we can be totally ourselves -- watch funny shows on TV, reminisce, etc. My family was over the other day, and there was a thunderstorm. Our terrier is 14 and terrified of storms. The entire family who was here piled in to the "safe room" -- no windows in basement to muffle thunder noise -- and we sat with George. Luckily, we had a TV in the safe room to keep us distracted until the storm passed and our sweet pup was distracted because there were so many people in a small room! Haha
Now that is what family is all about! I know I've already said it 5558524856 times and I sometimes worry I sound like a broken record, but I don't know how I would have made it through the last decade without my family. They've been my rock, and I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to surround myself with! Anyway, here's next week's question...

If you could go back in time to any time period, where would you go and why?

Visit So About What I Said on Facebook and Twitter to share your smarts -- and don't forget to use hashtag #WiseWordsFromReaders. See you there, friends! :)

[Photos via We Heart It]

1 comment:

  1. If I could go back in time (but only if I could take my life wisdom with me) - I would go back to age 18 or younger! Carefree days and I could be younger AND wiser! LOL Otherwise, I like the time period of "now". All the modern-day conveniences that we always say would AMAZE my Grandpa( He passed away before cell phones and the digital world)Brad Paisley has a song with a verse in it about how when we were kids we would have loved TV in cars for family vacay road trips!! And now there are DVD players in mini-vans! COOL STUFF ...

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin