Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Wise Words From Readers: On personality traits...

Remember when you were a kid and it was so easy to name your best personality trait? It was as easy as rattling off your favorite food or your favorite color. Maybe you loved how you always gave great advice to your friends or the fact that you were always the peacemaker. Or maybe you were proud of the fact that you never gave up.

But somewhere along the way, we seem to lose that wonder and introspective knowledge about ourselves. At the very least, we have a pretty hard time nailing down what exactly we like about our own personality. Sure, it's so easy to see everyone else's good qualities, but yours just seemed to be hiding, refusing to come out. So, I was so glad this week when some of you weren't shy about singing your own praises...

*I have a sense of humor that I don't always get, but hey if it makes people laugh I'm fine with it! We all need cheering up.

*Kindness. It has seen me through some tough situations!
How true! I was thinking about my own personality recently and am pretty darn proud of my fearlessness. It's had it's up and down, especially since my father died, but I feel like now, it's on a permanent upswing. Being fearless gives you this sense of strength even if you're completely terrified. That's a comforting notion, isn't it, friends? Anyway, here's next week's question...

What the best advice you've ever received from a sibling? Why did it mean so much to you?

Visit So About What I Said on Facebook and Twitter to share your smarts -- and don't forget to use hashtag #WiseWordsFromReaders. See you there, friends! :)

[Photos via We Heart It]


  1. I definitely think you are on a permanent upswing! You are such a positive and fun person :) The BEST advice I ever got from a sibling is "always be yourself" - so simple, but so important to remember in life - not only when you are young, but through the decades Happy Tuesday ox

  2. That's great advice, Twinkle! Something we all need to remember, but so quickly forget!


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin