Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Wise Words From Readers: On time travel...

I used to watch Back To The Future over and over as a kid. I was completely fascinated with time travel -- the idea that there's some other alternate universe out there is just plain wild. My. Mind. Is. Blown. And thinking about where you'd go if you could steal Doc and Marty's DeLorean? You all weren't the least bit shy about sharing your top time travel picks (try saying that 10 times fast!)...

*Since I love the concept of time travel, I would go back to Galena, Illinois, around 1910-1915 to see my grandparents as kids and see what life was like on Main Street.

*I'd like to lay on a ridge and watch the dinosaurs. Then come back!

*I like to go back in time to see Brian [Melissa's father] one more time and tell him he was the best friend I ever had.

*And a joke from my Uncle Bill: Comedian Steven Wright: I went to a diner that served breakfast at anytime, so I ordered waffles in the Middle Ages.
I love the variety of these answers! I have no idea what time period I'd visit. I was pretty obsessed with Ancient Egypt in sixth grade, so it might be fun to see the Great Pyramids being built. But then again, the pop culture lover in me would love to get dressed up in a fancy poodle skirt and dance the night away at a classic '50s sock hop -- anyone up for doing the twist? Ahhh, the possibilities just seem endless, don't they? Anyway, here's next week's question...

What would you say is your best quality and why?

Visit So About What I Said on Facebook and Twitter to share your smarts -- and don't forget to use hashtag #WiseWordsFromReaders. See you there, friends! :)

[Photos via We Heart It]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin