Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Family Photos: Birthday Fun (Part #1)

Two words: Birthday blowout. That's certainly how I'd describe my birthday whirlwind yesterday. I may have turned 33, but I celebrated like a carefree gal still in her twenties with the innocence and abandon of someone in their teens. It was a wonderful day, filled with a bit of reminiscing and of course, some yummy ice cream. My mom tried telling me that I didn't need to take all these photos. My response? "Of course I do!" Here's the first batch. Look for Part #2 tomorrow...

I've always been that girl who likes to stretch out her birthday celebrations over the span of an entire week. So when we went out to lunch at Applebee's last week, I declared that the officially beginning of my Birthday Week. Have you ever had their Cheesecake Shooter? It's pure magic in a glass, I tell you...
And if that wasn't enough of a sugar rush, a family friend surprised me with these pre-birthday chocolate!

We kicked off the morning of my actual birthday with our favorite tradition -- a spirited game of Yahtzee! Surprisingly, I won. Who knew? Maybe it was the ice-cold Diet Coke running through my veins? Yeah, I think that had something to do with it. Or maybe it was the double dose of peppermint patties? Well, you know...



For lunch, we headed to one of my favorite local restaurants near my Alma mater (Fun fact: A scene from this movie was filmed there -- quite exciting stuff!), where they have THE BEST omelettes in the whole entire world. Yes, I know that sounds like an exaggeration, but no, it's really not. We spent hours here when I was a child, and I'd always be fascinated by the train that used to go around on the ceiling. And I always got either a mint or a gumball on the way out. Maybe that's where my addiction to peppermint patties started?

Stay tuned tomorrow, friends, where I'll do a bit of reminiscing and world premiere a photo of Yours Truly in front of a gigantic rock. It'll be cool, I promise... xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I like their olive burgers. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sweet Posy! I hadn't been there for soooo long! The place always brings back sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many good things!! im glad you had fun! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin