Aeroplan partners, where you earn points to travel! Here are six ways to make the summer last just a little bit longer...
1. Right as the air starts to get nice and crisp, pick a day to spend hiking along a beautiful nature trail or extend the hike to a weekend excursion to include backpacking and camping. Speaking of camping, if funds are too low to spend on travel due to all of that shopping for school supplies and clothing, then pitching a tent in your own backyard can be just as exciting.
2. Movie night and popcorn has always been a family favorite pastime. Whether it’s an outing at the local movie theater or just gathering around the flat screen TV in the den, it does not matter. All you need are a bunch of DVDs and a microwave oven to pop plenty of popcorn.
3. Another way to enjoy a nice summer day is by playing a game of miniature golf. Fresh air, sunshine and a little exercise never hurt anyone.
4. Remember all those restaurant coupons received in the mail and newspaper circulars? Why not save time and energy otherwise devoted on cooking and menu planning and dine out a few nights a week or treat yourself to lunch.
5. A trip to an amusement park is a surefire way to cap off a memorable summer. In fact, going to the park before school begins may be right at the end of their peak season. One can’t go wrong with a last-minute vacation, especially when the costs are lower.
6. Everyone loves a barbecue. A “back-to-school cookout” is a great way to celebrate accomplishments and hopes for the future with family and friends. To make it even more interesting and memorable, have a theme. Throw a throwback to the '70's mixer complete with music and clothing from the era.
(This post was sponsored by Diane Langly, a home decor expert and enthusiast. When she's not busy creating decorating ideas, she is writing about them. Her other passions include travel, food, family, and arts. Thanks so much for continuing to support So About What I Said's wonderful sponsors!)
[Photos via We Heart It]