Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Wise Words From Readers: On life theme songs...

You all know how close music and I are. We're besties. In fact, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that I'm kind of obsessed -- I mean, all these lyrics are sort of an indication, right? I have songs I dance to and songs I belt out as if I were the star in my own Broadway musical. I even have my list of guilty pleasure songs, just like you -- and don't try to deny it because I know you do! But what about an overarching theme song to your life? What song do you hear and scream, "Yes! They're talking about my life! "? I loved all the variety in this week's song choices...

*Country Music because it's my favorite.

*"I Will Wait" by Mumford & Sons. Two reasons why it's my go-to song these days. One is when my husband is away on storms and I don't see him for days. Two is when I'm having a down day dealing with infertility. It always puts me in a better mood.

*"Walkin' on Sunshine" because I always try to "walk on sunshine" every day.

*"If" by Bread. Deep love that transcends the earthly existence.

*"Kick Start My Heart" by Motley Crue because I want to live life as hard as I can.

*Can't decide...either "Octopus's Garden" or "Groovy Kind Of Love."
As for me, well, I've talked about my many, many, many theme songs over the years. It seems like new ones are always popping up, but one that's stayed with me. Can you guess? Good, ahead, take a guess..."It's Over" by Boz Scaggs because, you know, I have a hard time with letting things go sometimes (certain boys *coughcough* certain boys...). But I like to think we're all like that. We are, right? Right? Anyway, here's next week's question...

When did you first feel like you were officially an adult? Was it a specific event? A feeling? How did it feel to enter this new stage in your life?

Visit So About What I Said on Facebook and Twitter to share your smarts -- and don't forget to use hashtag #WiseWordsFromReaders. See you there, friends! :)

[Photos via We Heart It]

1 comment:

  1. When I first felt like an adult was when I order living room furniture - new. We had hand-me-downs, hodge-podge of stuff in our little place, but one summer I decided it was time to be a "grown-up". I can remember the smell of the new sofa and loveseat....... the delivery guys taking off the plastic. THEN - real life set in! Not 10 mins that following weekend after my nephew arrived at about age 3 ..he spilled stick apple juice on the sofa!It was ACTUALLY then I became an adult and realized my grandmother was right..."cover the furniture when the kids are there" haaaaaaa


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin