Monday, September 15, 2014

MEMO TO MEN: A guy who uses a semicolon and other things that are surprisingly sexy...

TO: Men all over the planet
FROM: Melissa
RE: Surprising sexiness...
DATE: September 15th, 2014
Oh, boys, I'll just come right out and say it (since that's my style...): I think I need to break up with some of you. The time has finally come. At least for awhile, that is. Now, all you traditional types out there, it's not you, it's me. Really. I promise. Maybe I'm going through a phase. Maybe I just need a change in scenery. Maybe it's because I've never really been a conventional gal. Whatever the reason, one thing is abundantly clear: I need to break with tradition for awhile. What exactly do I mean by "tradition"? You know, boys -- those things that people typically find sexy. Deep blue eyes. A dark, brooding soul. A man with a guitar slung over his shoulder. Basically, I need a break from anything that has mass appeal.

Because when I think about it, there are so many things that are unconventionally sexy, and I find them all sorts of intoxicating -- the good kind of intoxicating that doesn't leave a nasty hangover the following morning. Here are four things I find surprisingly sexy...

1. A guy who loves grammar: He doesn't have to be a stickler in that annoying hipster sort of way, but a guy who has an appreciation for and uses the semicolon, for example, has a special place in my heart. There's just something about a man who loves words and knows how to use them that drives me...a...bit...wild.

2. A guy who loves to read: It doesn't even have to be a book. Maybe it's a favorite magazine or even a comic book, but you know that a reader will always have something to say. Plus, a love of reading shows he's got passion, and who doesn't love a passionate guy?

3. A guy who loves to talk: I'm honestly pretty much done with those men of few words. I'm a talker, in case you haven't noticed, so I need someone who can keep up! The ability to just shoot the breeze is an amazing thing, and it can foster such emotional intimacy between two people.

4. A guy who loves spending time with his family: I've always believed that love starts in the home -- you learn about love, how to treat others and even about yourself from your family. Who are the people you can count on the most? Your family. Who are the people who will always be honest with you, no matter what? Your family. A man who spends time with his family is a man who knows where it's at in my book.
What do you think, boys? Anything that I've missed? If there's one lesson to learn here, it's that there's sexy all around you. Never be afraid to look for it, even in the most unconventional of places, OK? xoxo

[Photos via We Heart It]


  1. All those things are the best of qualities!! VERY GOOD !!

  2. Aww, I love a guy who loves his family and can speak eloquently/write properly! It's a good thing I married that guy!

    little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living

  3. You forgot a guy who loves animals! Doesn't matter if its big, small, furry or covered in scales- if they don't love animals then their going in the bin.

  4. Ahhh, Bethany! I totally forgot about animal lovers...that is so important!!


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin