Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Wise Words From Readers: On desert island essentials...

When I was a kid, I used to watch Gillian's Island in complete awe. I was mystified. How could one group of people have so many things -- clothes, food, Mrs. Howell's jewelry -- when they originally thought they were only going on a three-hour tour? What was their secret? I've thought about it over the years, especially about the things I would bring if I were stranded on a desert island. It's a tough question, isn't it? Well, friends, you make it look pretty easy, actually...

*Beau (husband), flint stone and a good knife. Beau because I can't imagine life without him. Flint stones to start a fire. A good knife for just about everything else.

*Air conditioning (because I'm a wimp in the heat), your mom's almond cookies (because I would eat something poisonous in the first day guaranteed) and my husband Aaron (because even though he's an awful liar he would tell me that everything would be fine and I would believe him).

*A radio, the Encyclopedia Britannica and a dry box of matches.

*Three back up planes because I would never last on a deserted island! I am a BIG wimp and comfort creature.

*A notebook, a pen and some chocolate truffles.
So what would I pack in my Lost At Sea bag? A journal, of course, since I doubt that I'll be able to get Internet access. Family photos to keep me company. And lots of root beer to make sure I stay well hydrated. Let's just hope I never have to pack such a bag, right? Anyway, here's next week's question...

If you could only eat ONE food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?

Visit So About What I Said on Facebook and Twitter to share your smarts -- and don't forget to use hashtag #WiseWordsFromReaders. See you there, friends! :)

[Photos via We Heart It]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin