Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Wise Words From Readers: On favorite foods...

Speaking of food, we all have our favorites that we go back to, don't we? They're our comfort foods that we never seem to get tired of, no matter how many times we have them. Maybe it's your mom's famous blueberry muffins or your uncle's homemade pizza -- it's those foods that make your mouth water at the mere mention of them. And if you could only eat one food for the rest of your life? Well, you all had some pretty firm opinions this week...

*If coffee is not a food (LOL) then I would have to say pasta because I'm a good Italian...

*Nuts, without a doubt. Yummy, filling and full of protein.

*Ground round because you can do so much with it and I'm a red meat kinda gal!

*Tacos, I think!

*Cereal -- so versatile and simple!

*Pizza because you can put so many different things on it.

*Ice cream!! Because it's my favorite!

*I crave broccoli. When I was in the hospital, I was eating it twice a day, but reading other posts, I would really miss pizza.

*My own homemade vegetable beef soup!
I love all the diversity and the reasoning behind your answers this week, friends. For me, I'd definitely choose my mom's lasagna! I remember making it with her when I was a kid, and it was such a fun thing to do together -- huddle in our small kitchen, carefully adding layer after layer of pasta to our creation. Occasionally, we'd dip a noodle into the sauce and preview our creation! As you can probably tell, I'm pretty big on childhood food memories. Anyway, here's next week's question...

Do you believe in love at first sight? Why or why not?

Visit So About What I Said on Facebook and Twitter to share your smarts -- and don't forget to use hashtag #WiseWordsFromReaders. See you there, friends! :)

[Photos via We Heart It]

3 comments:

  1. Mmm lasagna. If the supermarkets sold italian sausage around here, I'd make it a lot more.

    I don't believe in love at first sight since sight is only one sense and love for me is an emotional, rather than sensory experience!

    xoxo,
    little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I really miss coming home and having my dad cook me dinner! Now if I want dinner I have to cook it myself :(

    I DO believe in love at first sight. I can tell I like a guy from about 50 feet away. And honestly, if I don't get that feeling immediately, it's probably not going to work out! You always have to go with your gut, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to believe in love at first sight but don't anymore. I believe you can see someone for the first time and be attracted. But love? Love takes time. Love takes knowledge of who the other person is. You can't just fall in love with someone based on their looks. You have to KNOW them.

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin