Monday, October 27, 2014

Sponsor Spotlight: Color Me Missy

In case you haven't noticed, I've been pretty obsessed with rose gold the last couple of years. There is something so classic and timeless about the trend that just seems to never go out of style. Well, something tells me that Singapore-based jewelry designer Hy felt the exact same way when she opened Color Me Missy in 2012. Her Etsy shop showcases her love of handmade personalized jewelry, in everything from necklaces to earrings to rings to bracelets to head piece, and Hy does it all herself. "Color Me Missy is a one-woman show," she says. "I do everything from looking for supplies, designing and making jewelry, photoshooting, to packing your jewelry into a lovely gift box and mailing them out to you." Read on for more behind-the-scenes scoop, her shopping tips and her favorite fashion trends! xoxo

Keep in touch...
Official Web site: Color Me Missy
Become a fan on Facebook
Get inspired on Pinterest
Tell me about your shop. What's the inspiration behind its launch?
I love rose gold. Color Me Missy focuses on rose gold jewelry, ranging from simple initial necklaces to more glamorous rose gold cubic zirconia earrings. I wanted to create a jewelry shop that is filled with gorgeous rose gold jewelry -- that's how Color Me Missy was born. If you love rose gold like me, you will definitely love Color Me Missy.

Your shop features so many inspiring finds. What inspires you the most?
Fashion. When I shop for my fashion items (bags, shoes, dress, etc), I always think about what jewelry I can make to match with the fashion items I like.

What are your top 3 tips for shopping online and finding great deals?
First, always always, always read the item description. For example, all the chains I used in Color Me Missy are rose gold-filled chains, which will last so much longer than the same design with rose gold-plated chain. Second, the shipping information is another must read before you place your order, especially if you need the item before certain date. Third, contact the seller if you have any question! This always help.

What are some of your favorite fashion and jewelry trends this fall?
Simple, personalized items. Nothing beats a simple necklace with my initial or my name on it.

What is your favorite piece in your shop and why?
My favorite is the Personalised Anchor Necklace. It's a simple and beautiful way to tell someone they are your anchor. If someone give this necklace to me, I will be really flattered.

1 comment:

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin