Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Wise Words From Readers: On favorite movies....

I sometimes wonder what we ever did before movies. I'm not just talking about movies, really, but the entire cinematic experience. You know, the relaxed vibe of a dark theater. The mouthwatering combo of a soda and popcorn -- seriously, why is that combo so darn addictive? The (mostly...) exciting previews. That happy moment when the movie finally begins. It's all sort of like the Let's Go To The Movies scene in Annie, which was actually my favorite movie as a child. It's that anticipation. It's that magnetic pull. It's that...pure...wonderment. Something tells me that you could relate as you thought of your favorite movie...

*West Side Story. Saw it 12 times. Now I own the DVD! Lot's of action, singing and a wonderful love story...with a sad ending. Okay, I'll fess up. I had a crush on the lead actor, Richard Beymer! After the first viewing, I guess I had hoped they would change the ending so he wouldn't get killed on the playground. Once I yelled...GO HOME, DON'T GO IN THERE. Got some dirty looks from people!

*Several. Young Frankenstein..."Frau Blucher!!" And The Horses Go Crazy...

*AHHH favorite movie...sooooo many!! Pride & Prejudice will never get old!
We all have a favorite genre, a favorite movie quote, a favorite character that sticks with us through time. I'll never forget the hours I spent watching Shag as a wide-eyed nine-year-old. I dreamed of going on an adventure to Myrtle Beach and having one wild weekend just like those four best friends. You know a movie is one of your favorites when you can watch it over and over and quote every single piece of dialogue. Maybe it's sort of like falling in love...over and over. Anyway, here's next week's question...

What's your favorite memory with your siblings? And, what do you admire most about them?

Visit So About What I Said on Facebook and Twitter to share your smarts -- and don't forget to use hashtag #WiseWordsFromReaders. See you there, friends! :)

[Photo via We Heart It]


  1. The warm buttery popcorn, the soda, YEP... the entire experience is so fun! When we were teenagers a dollar movie theater came to town- it was HEAVEN! Years later - for $5 you could get the movie and popcorn and soda for $5. GOOD TIMES - GREAT MEMORIES

  2. I love this.

    My favorite memory with my sister was staying up all night playing gin and eating mac and cheese while Jewel played on repeat in the background.


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin