Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Wise Words From Readers: On sibling memories...

With Janelle's birthday last week, I really got to thinking more about the power of our siblings. We've talked lots of times about siblings before, but if you think about it, a brother or sister can be many things: A best friend, an enemy, a co-conspirator, a confidant. And most importantly, when you're young, a sibling is usually that person you go on tons of adventures with, and it's these adventures that give us lasting memories come adulthood. A few of you had some awesome stories of your own...

*Disney World as kids! One of my brothers is a fireman, and I could not be more proud of him following in our Grandpa's footsteps. I admire his caring spirit and love for his community (my hometown). My other brother is the light-hearted, comic of the family! His sense of humor is epic. He is the baby of the family and truly completes our family.

*My favorite memory with my sister was staying up all night playing gin and eating mac and cheese while Jewel played on repeat in the background.
Ahhh!! So many wonderful memories! For me, the one that sticks out in my mind is when Janelle and I took the same Spanish class in college. It was fun and pretty hilarious to be in the same class. And of course, there was some friendly competition going on because, really, who isn't at least a little competitive with their siblings? We both ended up with an "A" in the class, but Janelle got a higher "A." She always has been the smarter sibling. Anyway, here's next week's question...

What do you love about Halloween? What was your favorite costume growing up and why?

Visit So About What I Said on Facebook and Twitter to share your smarts -- and don't forget to use hashtag #WiseWordsFromReaders. See you there, friends! :)

[Photos via We Heart It]

1 comment:

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin