Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Tip: 10 upsides of the common cold

My mom gave me a nice little gift a couple days ago. And, as I'm quickly learning, it's the kind of gift that just keeps on giving. It started in the form of an itchy throat, and before I knew it, my throat was on fire and my nose was all sorts of stuffy! Thanks, Ms. Bear!

So I'm taking it easy today and letting my body recharge itself. But while I do, I got to thinking about all the upsides of being semi-sidelined by a cold. Here are my top 10...
1. Sleeping as long as you want. In the middle of the week, no less. 
2. Watching shows on your DVR and not having to feel the least bit guilty about it. 
3. Having to keep up your fluids. Translation: Any type of soda pop is fair game. 
4. Ice cream to soothe your throat. Enough said. 
5. Wrapping yourself in warm and cozy blankets. 
6. Getting to read magazines all day and calling it medicine. 
7. Putting your phone down. For once, it's not chained to your hip. 
8. Three words: PJs. All. Day. 
9. Comfort food for when you start to feel better. I'm thinking macaroni and cheese! 
10. Knowing that you'll start to feel better as the days go on. It's all about positivity, people -- or at the very least, trying to stay positive.
To my fellow cold sufferers out there... hope you're feeling better! Any cold remedies you swear by? What's worked the best for you in the past?

P.S. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a warm bed and a regular pop calling my name... :)

1 comment:

  1. Feel better soon! I drink tons of honey lemon water when my throat is itchy (also one of the few things I could have when I was pregnant, coughing and sick!) Otherwise, the saline sinus rinses do help with congestions as well.
    Otherwise, warm PJs, trashy TV, and lots of rest work wonders!

    little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin