Thursday, November 13, 2014

Disabilities In The Media: Paraplegic dances with his wife at their wedding


When I was growing up, I'd always picture my wedding day and wonder about that romantic first dance. After all, I don't exactly have limber legs, so my curious mind often thought about how said dance might play out. Enter Sgt. Joey Johnson and his wife Michelle. The military veteran was injured in a motorcycle accident that left him paralyzed from the chest down, but thanks to a special harness, he was able to give Michelle the ultimate wedding surprise.

"If you know Joey, he cannot keep a secret," says Michelle. "But he made my dreams come true and I never knew how special our day would really be."

How inspiring is that? Such an amazing couple -- and their story has now got my mind racing with all sorts of possibilities for my Big Day. Get ready, Mr. Melissa Blake! xoxo

[Photos by LinneaLiz Photography, via PEOPLE]

1 comment:

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin