Monday, November 10, 2014

Sponsor Spotlight: Jacaranda Designs Jewelry

With winter coming (too soon!), I always like to have plenty of colorful, cheerful things on hand to brighten those dark days. After all, you know I have a weakness for all things pink and sparkly, and something tells me that Jacaranda Designs Jewelry could cure any case of the winter blues. Canadian-based designer Jane opened her Etsy shop in 2007 after her boys went back to school. "I had always loved being involved in creative pursuits, and so a few days later, I signed up for a jewelry making class at a local college," she says. "I took lessons for about three years and became completely obsessed with making jewelry." Since then, she has since filled her shop with gorgeous rings, lockets, earrings, bracelets and hair accessories. Read on for her take on trends and her favorite item in her shop! xoxo

Keep in touch...
Official Web site: Jacaranda Designs Jewelry
Become a fan on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
Follow on Instagram
Get inspired on Pinterest
Tell me about your shop. What's the inspiration behind its launch?
Jacaranda Designs was launched in October 2007. It's hard to believe I've been selling on Etsy for 7 years already. I previously worked as a software consultant for years, but in 2007, I made a decision to stay home with my children and leave the IT industry. I've always been "crafty" and decided to take a jewelry making course. Within a few weeks, I had churned out dozens of pieces of jewelry and my sister, who was already selling on Etsy, suggested I open a shop. I've never looked back -- I love it!

Your shop features so many inspiring finds. What inspires you the most?
I love plants and flowers. I look forward to spring and summer so much, just to see the glorious plants that Mother Nature has to offer. If you look closely at flowers and even leaves, you'll see beautiful textures and color combinations. Even the smell of certain plants can be intoxicating. There's nothing quite as relaxing as taking a stroll around a gorgeous garden and just observing the plants and insects. I take tons of photos during the spring and summer and often refer back to them when I'm making jewelry as they are full of inspiration.

What are your top 3 tips for shopping online and finding great deals?
1. If you have a question about an item for sale, contact the shop owner. I get several questions weekly from prospective buyers and I'm always more than happy to answer. It's a good idea to ask these questions prior to ordering so that there are no unwanted surprises when you receive your purchase.
2. Many shops offer free shipping and discounts during the holiday season. Check out an Etsy shop's banner and introduction as you'll often find information regarding specials in these areas.
3. Before purchasing, verify how long it will take to create and send your purchase. Many items, especially custom designs, are made to order and the shop owner may require a few days to complete the item before it can be mailed.

What are some of your favorite fashion and jewelry trends this fall?
I don't really follow fashion trends much. However, I always like to check out what the Pantone color report is for each season, and this fall doesn't disappoint. I'm loving their Radiant Orchid and Royal Blue, both vibrant, lively colors for the cooler seasons.

What is your favorite piece in your shop and why?
Now that is a hard question! I love everything in my shop but I would have to say that I personally love lockets. I tend to wear a lot of them myself, often combined with another necklace in the antique brass style. I also love wearing my map rings as they constantly remind me of the wonderful and different places I've traveled to during my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin