Monday, November 17, 2014

Sponsor Spotlight: Rilla

I'm so excited to share my interview with Courtney from Rilla, the San Francisco-based shop named after Courtney's great-great grandmother. She prizes patterns, prints and textures when it comes to her new and vintage finds -- from dresses to tops to bags to jewelry. Plus, there's an entire Living section and a sale section of $30 and under finds. Read on for more of her inspirations, her shopping tips and a special discount for So About What I Said readers! xoxo

Keep in touch...
Official Web site: Rilla
Become a fan on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
Follow on Instagram
Get inspired on Pinterest
Tell me about your shop. What's the inspiration behind its launch?
I’d had the idea in my head for quite some time, but I didn't actually pursue my vision until I had a trying personal year that basically kickstarted me into action. Basically, though, I wanted to have a creative outlet for myself and do something that I love, which is why I started Rilla. As far as the concept, I've always had a love for vintage clothing as well as bold and unique patterns. polka dots, stripes, crazy bold shapes and unique textiles. I've never been shy about that sort of thing. So, Rilla is a combination of two things about fashion that I love. I chose to carry a mix of new designers and vintage pieces because that’s in effect how I dress. A little bit high and low.

Your shop features so many inspiring finds. What inspires you the most?
Music and travel inspire me. Clothing is very much like music -- you can mix it up as your mood changes. When I travel, I get inspired by the people and scenery. I like to see what people wear in different countries and how styles differ. People watching is my favorite.

What are your top 3 tips for shopping online and finding great deals?
1. As far as online shopping, I use Pinterest a lot. Then, if I find myself coming back to a certain item multiple times, then I’ll usually buy it. Pinterest is also a good way to keep any eye on things you want to see if they are going on sale. 
2. Shop Vintage! When you do this, you are usually saving money, plus you’re getting something unique with some sort of story to it. And, very often, things were constructed so much better back in the day. More for your money, if you will. 
3. Find a few designers you love and buy something from them every season. There are a few designers I love that I try to buy at least one piece from each collection when it comes out if I can afford it. Often pieces like this become a centerpiece of your entire wardrobe for that season. Buy a quality pair of boots that you can wear with everything. Or an amazing jacket that is so unique you’ll wear it for years. Also, check designer Web sites at the end of the season and purchase the current season for 50% off and past seasons for up to 70% off. Trust me, they’ll still look good next year.
What are some of your favorite fashion and jewelry trends this fall?
I’m super into brass jewelry right now and things that look aged, either naturally or not. I love these necklaces by Osei-Duro made of recycled brass. In general, though, I’m loving anything oversized. Big jackets, oversized sweaters. So comfortable, and if you pair it right, it looks put together.
What is your favorite piece in your shop and why?
The Leah Goren scarves are to die for. So pretty.

**Bonus: Courtney is offering So About What I Said readers 25% off all orders from now through November 23rd. Just enter RILLAXO at checkout**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin