Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Wise Words From Readers: Oh, if I won the lottery...

Oh, it's everyone's favorite question: What would you do if you won the lottery? How would you spend the money? It can be a daunting question. You want to spend it wisely, sure, but part of you wants to buy your own mountain and name it after yourself -- you know, a fantasy you've had since you were in elementary school. So you try to strike a balance, which is something I learned this week from you, friends...

*I'd pay off my son's student loans, and put aside enough to pay for the rest of his college. My parents paid for my college education, and I'd like to be able to pay for his. I've paid for a lot of it, but not all of it yet.

*Pay the taxes on the winnings. Then make nice large gifts to my two children to use as they raise their children.

*Pay the bills, including the kids' bills. Build a ranch house on some acres and build a huge year-round kennel for Bloodhound rescue. Donate to charity.

*Retire. To live happily ever after, of course!
So what would I do? I'd build my mom a house with an indoor pool like she's always wanted, and I'd buy my family a beach house on the Alabama Gulf Coast, so we can go visit any time we want and remember all those good times we had there over the years. I'd also donate to suicide and mental health awareness. Oh, and I'd also get front-row tickets to a Taylor Swift concert. Anyway, here's next week's question...

If you could live in any decade or time period, which would you choose and why?

Visit So About What I Said on Facebook and Twitter to share your smarts -- and don't forget to use hashtag #WiseWordsFromReaders. See you there, friends! :)

[Photos via We Heart It]


  1. I'd probably like to be born in the late 30s. For mostly the very shallow reason that I love the clothing in the 40s and 50s and would love to be young then, but also so I could see Woodstock and a lot of other shows.

    As for the lottery… get a house with a built in music studio and an art studio, probably buy a couple gorgeous paintings, travel a lot and maybe start an eco-business for something or a charity.

  2. I'd travel to india!! i really want to go someday but i'd like to go on a tour :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin