Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Are you more like your mom or dad?

Speaking of parents, who do you take after the most? Mom? Dad? Neither?

This highly scientific quiz says I'm more like my dad, which doesn't surprise me. We liked a lot of the same things (listening to music on actual CDs!), and I've lost count of the number of times my mom has remarked that I am "so my father's daughter." I used to hate that -- I saw it as just one more reminder of my father's absence, and it stung. But now, I'm seeing it as more of an honor. It's a way of keeping my father with me. I see him every time I look in the mirror or when I find myself saying something exactly like he would. It's uncanny sometimes.

A few other things my father's passed down to me...

*Attacking a project obsessively until it's completely done.
*Stubbornness can be a good thing -- in small, small doses.
*Spending time with family is of the utmost importance.
*Having a kind heart and a kind word is golden.
*Getting worked up about the little things in life isn't worth it -- don't fret so much!
*Love of shrimp and browsing record stores.

And, a few things my mother passed down to me...

*Talking nonstop is a must in life!
*Being semi-bossy is a good thing.
*A curious and intelligent mind will ALWAYS get you far in life.
*Any problem can be solved if you think and work hard enough to find a solution.
*Laughter is most definitely the best medicine.
*But chocolate is even better medicine.
Your turn, friends: Are you more like your mom or dad? Or is it a pretty even mix of the two? Take the quiz and leave your thoughts in the comments. Let's chat! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. While I think I am a pretty good mix of both I turned out according to the quiz to have more characteristics of my father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely more like my mom from the silly to the stressful sides!

    xoxo,
    little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin