Monday, January 26, 2015

MEMO TO MEN: Four things more important than looks...

TO: Men all over the planet
FROM: Melissa
RE: More than looks...
DATE: January 26th, 2015
Well, boys, let it never be said that I'm a shallow person. You should know me better than that by now. After all, I've laid my heart at your feet for some six years now, and, in the words of today's hip teens, I always tried to "keep it real" with you. Because I think you deserve nothing less than the honest truth.

We're sent so many mixed messages: Pretty people get ahead, beauty is only skin deep, don't judge a book by its cover. I'll be the first to admit that said mixed messages can easily play with your head. They can start to swirl around, spinning faster and faster, until you're dizzy and can't see straight. It can make things frustrating. It can make things complicated. It can even make things a bit heartbreaking.

But! You're in luck, boys, because I have my own little not-so-secret secret to share: I'm going to fall in love with who you are far quicker than what you look like. What, you don't believe me? Oh, ye of little faith. Over the years, I've discovered four things that are far more important than looks...

1. Your dazzling personality: This includes things like your sense of humor, your gentleness and your kind-hearted spirit. I need to be able to connect with you on that deeper level that goes way beyond the physical.

2. Your relationship with your family: You can tell a lot about a guy -- or anyone, really -- by how close he is to his family. If you've been estranged for year, well, that raises more than a few red flags for me. A man who loves his family is aces in my book!

3. Your passions: I want you to be excited...about something! Maybe it's your career. Maybe it's your Fantasy Football picks. Maybe it's a new hobby. Whatever it is, embrace it fully. Everyone needs to find some passions in life. These passions can make all the difference in the world -- not just to you, but to everyone around you.

4. Your sexy brain: This should be a no-brainer -- pun intended! Your brain is your biggest asset, so make sure you use it wisely and often. Let's have long, lingering conversations, but let's not be afraid to tease each other with witty, flirty jokes.
The overall lesson here: It's all about the long haul with me, and a big part of that is that deep connection we make. I hope that connection is as important to you as it is to me. What four things would make your list, boys? xoxo

[Photos via We Heart It]


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin