Thursday, January 15, 2015

Sponsor Spotlight: Shop Baladi

Ask Laliv about the inspiration behind Studio Baladi, her Israel-based jewelry boutique, and she'll be the first to tell you that it wasn't an overnight success. Opening her own Etsy shop and transitioning to working on her gold, sterling silver and brass pieces full-time (fun fact: "Baladi" actually means "from the ground...") was several years in the making. But now, she couldn't be happier with her decision, and uses her craftsmanship to create beautiful necklaces, rings, earrings and bracelets. Read on for Laliv's other inspirations and her favorite item in her shop! xoxo

Keep in touch...
Official Web site: Studio Baladi
Follow on Facebook
Tell me about your shop. What's the inspiration behind its launch?
I'm actually an Industrial designer. I worked a few years in a super cool studio that allowed me to be very creative, but most of the work is designing the products on the computer, and after three years, I realized I wanted to work with my hands, I started taking goldsmith lessons, and after a while, I left my job in the studio and decided to go on an independent journey...

Your shop features so many inspiring finds. What inspires you the most?
The list for my source of inspiration is probably endless! I can be inspired by materials, lyrics of songs, my urban surroundings, toys, and I confess that my best work happens when I least expect it, usually by accident when I'm trying to form something I had in my head and end up falling in love with my mistakes on the way.

What are your top 3 tips for shopping online and finding great deals?
I don't know about finding great deals...I'm still working on that, but I have discovered how great it is to shop online! What I love about shopping through Etsy, for example is that you're buying directly from the designer. I always read the story behind the artist/designer; it's much more personal and unique, and I get to support an independent designer, just like me, on the way!

What are some of your favorite fashion trends for the winter?
I'm not a big winter fan -- I prefer summer! It's much more easy to dress up nicely, but I'm totally in love with the winter pallet of grays, dark blue and black. Besides colorful scarfs, I don't think I have any winter item that is colorful.

What is your favorite piece in your shop and why?
It's a very hard question. One of my favorites is my cluster earrings because they came to me as a surprise after "playing" a long time with trying to create all sorts of patterns, not knowing where it would lead to...and then they happened :)

1 comment:

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin