Thursday, February 05, 2015

In The Pursuit of Happiness: Katy Perry on being the boss...

Did you see Katy Perry's Super Bowl halftime show last weekend? It was pretty spectacular -- fireworks! Costumes! Missy Elliot! Sharks! If there's one thing I love about this girl, it's that she never disappoints. And she does this all while being true to herself and never apologizing or compromising who she is. She graces the cover of the March issue of ELLE magazine in all her radiant glory, and I love what she had to say about taking charge of her career...
"In my show, I am boss daddy. I am boss mommy. They call me Boss. Everything goes through my eyes; I call all the shots, 100 percent of it."
In the male-dominated music industry, it's so refreshing to see her push through to the helm and be proud of it! So many times, we hear women feeling as though they need to apologize for where they are. It's almost as if they need to prove they're deserving of their careers, and we don't see men under the same sort of spotlight.
So, bravo, Katy! Making the world a more empowering place for us all! xoxo

P.S. Remember this amazing lip-syncing video to Roar?


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin