Friday, February 20, 2015

My Dream For 2015: Monica from hola! design

Hey 2015. It’s me, Monica. I was still celebrating Christmas and you showed up, I wasn't ready for you!

I had to sit down and think hard: What do I want to accomplish this year? Do I want to travel around the world? Do I want to (finally!) take a sabbatical? Do I want to start a business?

Well, all of that would be nice. But there’s something else I want to achieve. Not only for 2015, but for the rest of my life, starting now.

And that is being kinder to myself.

I have to admit that for the longest time, I was my own worst critic. In every aspect of my life. I was judgmental and way too harsh with myself. I decided to stop that. I've reading a ton about the subject and here are two things I’m already doing...

*I do something I love every day: Could be a long shower, going to my favorite coffee shop, getting a manicure or buying fancy cheese. I treat myself with my favorite things and I allow myself to enjoy them.

*I talk to myself like I would do to a kid: We are all kids at heart, in many ways. You don’t say to a kid, "You made another mistake, idiot!" You say, "It’s OK, buddy. Try one more time."

There are many other ways of being kind to ourselves, but I find that’s is easier to stick to a change if we take one small step at a time. That way, it is not so overwhelming.
How are you kind to yourself? Share any ideas you may have! Wishing you an excellent year!

--Monica from hola! design

[Photos via We Heart It]

1 comment:

  1. thank you for letting me be part of this! loved sharing my dream!!!


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin