Monday, March 09, 2015

My grief journey so far

As I mentioned last Friday, this is a bittersweet week for us, as we mark the 12th anniversary of my father's suicide. Needless to say, it's been more than a decade of ups and downs, highs and lows, two steps forward and two steps back. We've cried and laughed, sharing so much together, and it's been a lot to take in at times.

Suicide grief is an ongoing process. I feel like I still have so many untapped emotions to sift and sort through, so I thought I'd share more of my story this week, starting tomorrow. In the meantime, here's a little round-up of my journey so far in case you need to catch up...

*Everyone who has lost someone to suicide has a story. This is my story.
*Living in the wake of suicide
*Not-so-secret feelings
*Top 10 favorite things about my father
*Five questions I'd ask my father
*My father's life in pictures
*Hometown pride
*On bittersweet holidays
*Dear Father...

*On milestones
*My mother's strength
*Big anniversaries
*Telling your story
*Memory bells
*Symbolic dreams
*Floating above grief

*The grieving process
*Kind gestures of remembrance
*Father-daughter bonding
*Being proud of your parents
*Living with change
*Five things I've learned about suicide
*Learning how to keep going
*For those left behind...

As always, I've so appreciated all the kind words and support over the years, friends. It's been so comforting to us, and it's nice to know we've got such a strong community behind us! xoxo

[Photo via The Garden Glove]


  1. Thinking of you and your loved ones. I am ever so grateful for your vulnerability and honesty on this blog.

  2. Amy -- thank you!! That means more than you'll ever know! xoxo


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin