Monday, March 16, 2015

Sponsor Spotlight: Blue-Eyed Night Owl

Remember when I posted this year's Reader Feedback Survey and offered one reader a free month of advertising? Well, Laura of Blue-Eyed Night Owl is our lucky winner! The Netherlands-based artist is quite the crafting genius! She designs the cutest bookmarks and prettiest brooches I've seen in a long time! I love how all her pieces are bright and colorful, don't you? I got to chat with her about all things crafty and her favorite items in her shop! xoxo

Keep in touch...
Official Web site: Blue-Eyed Night Owl
Read the official blog
Become a fan on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
Get inspired on Pinterest
Tell me about your shop. What's the inspiration behind its launch?
Ever since I was little, I've been busy crafting. Though I tried (and still do) a lot of different things, felt is one of the things I kept getting back to. It is so versatile and fun. I also love to read, so one day I had this idea for a new kind of bookmark -- one that always holds his place (which is super handy when you always have a book on the go!) and also shows its cuteness, instead of letting the design hide within the pages. So I made one with an owl (which is still my most popular design) and loved it so much that I immediately started making some to sell on Etsy. I've added some other products since, but the bookmarks are still the focus of my shop.

Your shop features so many inspiring finds. What inspires you the most?
For my Etsy designs, I'm mostly inspired by nature. I love making animals, flowers, leaves. And sometimes, a color combination might spark a new idea as well.

What do you like most about running your own Etsy shop?
I love it that my items make people happy! A lot of customers come back for more, which is the best feeling. Sometimes I get really sweet emails or reviews and they just make me aware that there are people from all over the world using and enjoying the things I made. What could be better?!


What is your favorite piece in your shop and why?
It's so tough picking favorites! I'll always love the owls, but I love the hedgehog and "cat lover" designs as well. And...I have a new collection planned in my head, so I might just have a new favorite soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin